A Culinary Vacation in Southern France
A culinary southern vacation in France with chefs & wine experts as your guides for a hands-on, fun & convivial learning experience
- Do you wish you had more time to devote to your passion for cooking?
- Are you looking for a vacation that is more than just travel?
- Are you tired of the same holiday experience and want something new, that is fun and informative?
- Walk away with more than just recipes.
- Discover the hidden secrets & techniques chefs have known for years
- Deepen your knowledge and love for French cuisine & wine
- Spend a culinary vacation in southern France with fellow food & wine lovers exploring new tastes & sharing in a unique cultural experience.
Who We Are
We are Chef Eric Fraudeau & Yetunde Oshodi-Fraudeau, creators of French Cooking School, Cook’n With Class Paris. Together we bring you over 40 years of experience in hospitality and the culinary arts to share with you our passion for food, travel, & culture in our week-long culinary vacation in southern France. We’ve seen that when travelers are afraid of not fully understanding the way people eat, they will often gravitate towards the old and familiar. We wanted to challenge visitors to dive deeper into French culture by taking a bigger bite out of its cuisine.
A Unique Culinary Experience in Southern France
- This is not a large group tour! We only offer tours in small groups of between 6-8 people
- Our week is created by professional chefs with food & wine lovers in mind
- Our years of working in and living in France are brought together to offer you an enriching experience
- You will be guided by a professional chef through classic and modern recipes, learning skills that you can apply to your home cooking. Whether you are an occasional or avid cook there is always something to learn from this week.
What People are Saying
This week-long class was the perfect way to spend time in Provence. The village of Uzes and its market are beautiful. Chef Eric and Yetunde knowledgeable, funny and warm; great way to learn about French cuisine and, of course, prepare some amazing, delicious meals.
Week in Uzès
We very much enjoyed our week in Uzes. The accommodations were spacious and in a relaxing environment. Yetunde and Eric provided a first class experience from the cooking classes to the excursions. I had a goal to learn how to prepare fish and cook more Mediterranean dishes. This week absolutely provided me with that opportunity.
Your culinary vacation in southern France includes:
- 7-night accommodations in a beautiful French country guesthouse
- French continental breakfasts each morning
- Welcome dinner expertly prepared by Chef Eric & including select French wines
- Private wine tours with a WSET certified wine educator
- Private tastings, culinary & cultural excursions
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners including dinner at a select restaurant chosen by your chef, unlimited tastings
- Transportation to and from the guesthouse & school and for all organized excursions
- Exclusive guided French market tours
- Hands-on French cooking experience including, bread-making, soups, salads, stews, Provencal dishes, French desserts
- Small group sizes (maximum of 8 students), with up to 2 non-participating guests per session*
- You don’t have to be a chef! All cooking levels welcome
- You don’t even have to cook! A non-participating guest is welcome when traveling with a participant in a shared room. Please inquire.
- Learn from an experienced French chef with over 40 years of culinary expertise in English in a convivial and friendly atmosphere
- Your own Week in Uzes recipe e-book to recreate your recipes at home
- Private transportation to and from Avignon TGV on arrival and departure date
For the Culinary Vacation of a lifetime. View a sample program below.
*We can accommodate up to 2 non-participating guests sharing a room with a participant. Please ask us for more details.
Week in Uzès Sample Program
A French culinary holiday in southern France that actually gets you cooking. You’ll cook as much or as little as you like but the focus of our culinary holiday is the food and wine of the south of France.
Our French culinary vacation in Southern France is your chance to treat yourself to a culinary experience you will not soon forget. You can expect an exciting week including private wine tastings, wonderful French recipes to remake at home with a cooking experience you’ve come to expect from chef Eric Fraudeau & Cook’n With Class Experiences.
The following is a sample program for our Week in Uzès – a French Culinary holiday in the South of France. The program is subject to change due to weather or the availability of our partners. A more definitive program will be given to you on the day of your arrival. Barring any changes in weather and the desires of the group, this final program will be what you can expect for the week. We ask that you try to be understanding about any slight modifications that will not affect your overall enjoyment of the program.
While we adjust our program based on season, weather and the availability of our producers and tour partners here is a sample of one of the prior programs we held.
Pick up from Avignon TGV at 3:30 PM to bring you to your French country guesthouse
Arrival at the guesthouse around 4:30 PM
Welcome dinner cocktail at around 6:30 PM at the guesthouse
To get you excited about the week ahead, we have arranged a “cocktail dinatoire” at the guesthouse around 6:30 PM. A chance to get to know Eric and Yetunde and your fellow participants and discuss the wonderful week ahead. No other dinner plans will be needed.
DAY 2 (Sunday):
1st day of class – Market Day 1
After a continental breakfast, we’ll head off to explore the covered market of Nîmes where we’ll select not only what we will eat for today’s lunch but also get a crash course into the fresh produce that adorns the menus of prestigious French restaurants and our homes. Upon our return to the house, we’ll prepare a light lunch from our market find. After lunch, we’ll get started on some prep for the next day’s lesson.
Optional light supper at home or a Free evening to yourself
DAY 3 (Monday):
Pont du Gard
Continental Breakfast after which we’ll dive into our first full day of cooking preparing today’s lunch menu. We’ll do some cooking and prepping after lunch before our late afternoon excursion.
Excursion of the day: Take in the magnificently preserved UNESCO World Heritage site – The Pont du Gard. This is not to be missed. We’ll enjoy wine over a light apéritif while enjoying this magnificent site.
Optional light dinner at the house or evening free.
DAY 4 (Tuesday):
Wine appreciation day
Start the day with a French continental breakfast at the guesthouse.
Winery Tour – Discover the wines of our region with a visit to two of our local wineries rich with tradition and a passion for good quality wines. Our WSET Level 3 wine educator will be your guide on this full-day tour. You’ll visit one winery in the morning after which you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch at a restaurant selected by our wine specialist.
After lunch, your wine guide will take you to explore a second winery and discover more unique wines of the region.
Optional dinner at the guesthouse or evening free. If preferred we would be happy to offer suggestions for any dinner reservations or you can refer to our restaurant suggestions.
DAY 5 (Wednesday):
Market day in Uzès
The morning will start with a French continental breakfast at the guesthouse. We’ll then head off to Uzès’s “marché des producteurs” (Farmer’s market), taking place on the Place aux Herbes. Take in this beautiful medieval city and shop like a local with chef Eric, for seasonal produce to take back to the kitchen. You will prepare a 4-course luncheon and also prep for tomorrow’s outing. After our lunch break, we take you to visit a working farm where they make the best cheese in the region. Get ready for some chèvre cuteness.
Optional light dinner at the guest house or evening free, post our apéritif
DAY 6 (Thursday):
Déjeuner sur l’herbe
Start the day with a French continental breakfast before an early morning of bread-making. Bake baguettes we’ll take along with us and get excited for the fabulous picnic lunch that you’ve prepared. You will be whisked off to a secluded location for a casual and delicious afternoon.
Optional light dinner at the guesthouse or evening free
DAY 7 (Friday):
Final cooking day
The morning will start with a French continental breakfast at your French country guesthouse. The lesson of the day including preparing lunch. We’ll break just after lunch so you are free to rest or explore.
For our final evening together, we’ll enjoy a quick apéro before we head off for a fabulous dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.
DAY 8 (Saturday):
A French continental breakfast will be served at the guesthouse before check-out and pick up at 10 am for the return to Avignon TGV.
(Please note that this is a sample itinerary to give you an idea of what to expect during your week in Provence).
For this all-inclusive 7-day Culinary Vacation in Southern France you’ll pay just 3857euros/person*
*2022 rates. Based on double occupancy rate per person. Please inquire if interested in 2023 rates
A Culinary Holiday in Southern France made for Food & Wine Lovers
- You’ll enjoy 6 days of hands-on cooking lessons, 7 nights accommodations in a French country guesthouse, private exclusive tours with expert guides, French wines, French cheese, French markets, and that certain joie de vivre
- You will walk away with new skills, sharpened by the hands-on cooking lessons
- Your understanding of French cuisine and French wine you have enjoyed on previous trips or in your country of residence will be deepened through our tastings and excursions
- You will be filled with memories to last a lifetime and might even seek such adventures again in your future travels
Chef Eric Fraudeau
I’m Chef Eric Fraudeau and since I’ve started my culinary carrier at the age of 15, food has been my passion. With my wife, I opened a French cooking school to welcome food & wine enthusiasts to Paris back in 2007 offering hands-on cooking classes that went beyond just another fun thing to do in Paris. My approach is simple, anyone truly can cook and I’ll be more than happy to share my knowledge with you so you can use your new skills in your everyday meal preparation. It’s not about memorizing recipes. It is about techniques you can apply at home.
I’m Yetunde, Chef Eric’s wife and your guide during this week-long program. I am the gel that puts this week together to ensure that you have countless memories and stories to share when you get home. My love of food, travel, & culture brought me to France to work in hospitality in Paris. I owned and managed a successful vacation rental company for 7 years before teaming up with Eric to run Cook’n With Class. I will be your hostess during this fabulous week and look forward to building your culinary dream vacation.
Our culinary Week in Uzès would not be right for you if you don’t like to cook, travel, or meet interesting people.
But of course, and if spaces are available, if you are accompanying an enthusiastic cook as their food and wine-loving partner, you are more than welcome to join us as a non-participating guest*
What better time than now to treat yourself to the culinary vacation of a lifetime. So what are you waiting for?