3 Quick and Easy Amuse-Bouches
Try these 3 simple dishes: Salmon roll with horseradish and Granny Smith apples, crab and avocado spoons, chicken satay
SALMON ROLL WITH HORSERADISH AND GRANNY SMITH APPLE
- 2 slices Smoked salmon
- 3-4 Fingerling Potatoes Enough to end up with 1cm (1/4 inch) high disks for your base
- 120 Grams(4 oz) Cream Cheese
- Half Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoons Horseradish Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- CRAB AND AVACADO SPOONS
- 90 Grams(3 oz) Crab Meat
- ¼ (in small dices) Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tablespoons(chopped small) Parsley or Coriander
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Pinch Chili Pepper
- 2 Avocado
- ¼ Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- CHICKEN SATAY
- 2 breast or 12 tender Chicken Breast or Chicken Tenders
- 2 Cups Satay Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Orange juice
- Black Pepper
- 12 Long Wooden Skewers
Bouchée #1 – SALMON ROLL WITH HORSERADISH AND GRANNY SMITH APPLE
- Peel the potatoes into a cylinder cut them into 1 cm (1/4 inch), high disks which will serve as your base. You will need to make 12 of them at least. Cook them on a simmer in salty water, until cooked but not falling amount (about 15 mins). Drain and reserve.
- Mix horseradish, lemon juice, cream cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- On a cutting board, place both salmon slices, and spread the cream. Roll tight to form a long cigar. Keep in fridge.
- Cut the apple in half, then cut thin slices, keep in cold water with a few drops of lemon juice to keep from oxidizing.
- When it’s time to serve: make 6 cylinders per salmon”cigar”, 1 cm (1/4 inch) high. Place a salmon cylinder on top a potato base, insert a slice or 2 of apple into each and they are ready to serve.
Bouchée #2 – CRAB AND AVACADO SPOONS
- Mix crab, diced bell pepper, parsley, mayo, chili pepper, salt and pepper. Reserve for later.
- Crush the avocado, add lemon juice, salt and pepper; reserve.
- When it’s time to serve:In a Chinese soup spoons, add a TBS of avocado purée, and 1 TBS of Crab mixture on top.
Bouchée #3 – CHICKEN SATAY
- Cut the 2 breasts in 6 long pieces, if you have tenders do nothing. Mix orange juice and Satay sauce, spread on top of chicken.
- When time to serve, have a very hot grill pan ready. Put the chicken on the wooden skewers and grill them, salt and pepper and serve hot.