This tasty tart is best enjoyed cold. Drizzle on a bit of vinaigrette for a taste of spring on your plate.
- 450 Grams(1 pound) Green Asparagus
- 60 Grams(2 oz) Flour
- 60 Grams(2 oz) Butter at room temperature
- 20 Grams(3/4 oz) Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 60 Grams Ground Almond Flour (Almond Meal)
- 1 Egg
- Clean your green asparagus, peel only the bottom part.
- Attach them with a string and boil them in salted water for 3 to 5 minutes. Shock them in cold water. Drain on paper towel.
- Make the almond cream by whisking all the ingredients (except the asparagus, of course), for 2 minutes.
- On a piece of parchment paper, with a large tart ring, use a pencil and trace the outside of the ring. Remove the ring.
- Place the asparagus one by one, “tête bêche” (see picture) cut with a sharp knife the part of the asparagus that crosses outside the pencil ring.
- Place the ring again around the now cut asparagus circle and spread the almond cream carefully.
- Bake at 210ºC (450ºF) for 10 minutes.
- When done, flip it over and remove the parchment paper. Let it rest 4 minutes and cut the way you like and serve with our Hazelnut or our Truffle vinaigrette (see recipes).
If you are unable to get almond meal, you can make your own by grinding and sifting raw almonds. You may have to sift several times to get the fine consistency you would normally get from store-bought. A coffee grinder if a great tool for getting the almonds ground finely but you will, of course, have to do it in several batches. Store in a dry place. Pin this Recipe!