Pâté en Croute Rustique
THE DAY BEFORE
- 1 Kilograms(2 pounds) Pork chop (no bone)
- 500 Grams(1 pound) Pork Neck (fatty part)
- 350 Grams(12 oz) Chicken Breast
- 30 Grams(1 oz) Salt
- 10 Grams(1/3o z) Sugar
- 5 Grams(0.18 oz) Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Cognac
- 4 Tablespoons Port Wine
IN A SEPARATE BOWL
- 250 Grams(½ pound) Chicken Livers
- 1 Teaspoons Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Sugar
- to taste Pepper
- 1 (see recipe) Prepare Easy Pie Crust
- 2 Shallots
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- 2 Egg Yolk (for egg wash)
- 2 Tablespoons Pistachio
- 250 Milliliters(2 cups) Instant Madera Gelée
- Cut the first part of the meat in small cubes, add the first part of the ingredients. Mix well and reserve in the fridge.
- Cut the livers in half, add lemon juice and the other ingredients and reserve in the fridge.
- The next day, peel and cut the shallots, chop parsley, sauteed the livers in oil and butter for 2 to 3 minutes on high heat, add the shallots and parsley and sauté 1 more minutes, remove and reserve.
- Roll out the dough into 1 large rectangle, fill up the mold, then make the 2 squares for the ends, and a large rectangle for the top.
- Fill up the mold half-way up with the first part of the meat, press well, add the livers to make a layer, add the rest of the meats, press well again. Put the top rectangle and make 3 chimneys. Brush with the egg yolks.
- Reserve in the fridge for 2 hours. Heat your oven at 225ºC (450ºF), and cook the pâté for 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180ºC (325ºF) for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool down 4 hours. Make the gelee, pour through the chimneys. reserve in the fridge before serving, preferably 48 hours.