A North African salad that is as fresh as it is delicious. The tabouleh is a perfect addition to your next picnic.
- 200 Grams(6 oz) (could also be bulgur or semolina) Couscous
- 1 Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumber
- ½ Bell Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Herbs like mint, parsley, basil, cilantro..
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- ⅓ Lemon Juice
- salt and pepper
- ½ (optional) Red Onion
Note: It is delicious by itself but it could also be part of a meal adding Grilled shrimp, or a cold roasted chicken on a Sunday picnic
- Dice the tomatoes, the cucumber, and the bell pepper.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and the chopped herbs of your choice. Mince the red onion if using and add it to all the ingredients.
- Mix well, add the couscous, mix again. Wrap with plastic film and let rest overnight in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.