Here is a dessert you should never buy at a grocery store. It’s impossible to mess up.
This recipe is made with fresh ingredients. You can keep for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
Vanilla or Chocolate Petit Pot (French pudding)
Come, discover how to make the iconic Petit Pot, the classic French pudding in two of the most universal flavors, chocolate, and vanilla!
- 1 Liters Whole Milk
- 100 Grams Sugar
- 8 Egg Yolk
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 100 Grams(3.5 oz) Dark Chocolate (70%)
- Hot water (for the water bath)
Here is a dessert you should never buy at a grocery store. It’s impossible to mess up.This recipe is made with fresh ingredients. You can keep for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds
- Add the seeds and the emptied vanilla bean pod in the milk
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar
- Pour the warm milk on top of the eggs, mix well but don’t whisk too hard (you don’t want to make a foam).
- Pour the custard in some ramequins, depose the ramequins in a baking pan, add hot water in the pan until you reach halfway up the ramequins.
- Put in oven 180ºC (350ºF) for 50 mins.
- Turn off the oven and leave them inside to cool. Reserve in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- For the chocolate version at step 5, pour the warm egg/milk mixture over the chocolate and whisk. Then follow the remaining steps.
Instead of vanilla bean, how much vanilla extract would I use?
You can use 1 Tbs of vanilla extract. 🙂