Here is a dessert you should never buy at a grocery store. It’s impossible to mess up.
This recipe is made with fresh ingredients. You can keep for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
Vanilla or Chocolate Petit Pot (French pudding)
- 1 Liters Whole Milk
- 100 Grams Sugar
- 8 Egg Yolk
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 100 Grams(3.5 oz) Dark Chocolate (70%)
- Hot water (for the water bath)
Here is a dessert you should never buy at a grocery store. It’s impossible to mess up.This recipe is made with fresh ingredients. You can keep for 4 to 5 days in the fridge.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds
- Add the seeds and the emptied vanilla bean pod in the milk
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar
- Pour the warm milk on top of the eggs, mix well but don’t whisk too hard (you don’t want to make a foam).
- Pour the custard in some ramequins, depose the ramequins in a baking pan, add hot water in the pan until you reach halfway up the ramequins.
- Put in oven 180ºC (350ºF) for 50 mins.
- Turn off the oven and leave them inside to cool. Reserve in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- For the chocolate version at step 5, pour the warm egg/milk mixture over the chocolate and whisk. Then follow the remaining steps.