Remi’s Western Potatoes
- 6 Medium-size Potatoes
- 250 Grams(1/4 pound) Sea Salt
- 1 branch Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Crême Fraîche (or sour cream)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Bacon Stripes
- Salt and Pepper
- On a baking dish, add the rock sea-salt and rosemary, place the potatoes on top close together and bake them 40 to 50 minutes at 200ºC (400ºF).
- Let them cool down 3 minutes so they are not too hot to handle, cut them in half, remove some of the insides of the potato with a spoon but keep the skin intact (as much as you can).
- Mash the potato you scooped out and mix in all the ingredients, except the bacon.
- Mix well, season (you can also add, parsley, chives, thyme….nutmeg).
- Fill up the potato skins with the potato mixture, add a piece of bacon on top and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Perfect to accompany a Sunday roast or just by themselves with a green salad.