Better Burger Buns
No more stale store-bought burger buns for your burger party! Learn how easy it is to make your own fresh burger buns!
- 500 Grams(1 pound) Flour T55 or All-purpose
- 40 Grams(1.4 oz) Fresh Yeast
- 10 Grams(0.4 oz) Salt
- 28 Grams(1 oz) Sugar
- 180 Milliliters(6 oz) Warm Water
- 100 Milliliters(3 oz) Warm Milk
- 1 Egg
- 60 Grams(2 oz) Softened Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame, poppy seeds, sunflower, or Squash Seeds (optional)
- 1 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Note: Prep time does not include overnight rest period.
- In the mixing bowl of your Stand-up mixer, mix fresh Yeast and lukewarm water. Let rest 30 minutes.
- Add the lukewarm milk, sugar, salt, and flour. Mix on low speed for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg, mix 2 minutes, add the softened but not melted, butter, mix on speed 3, for 5 minutes. Then remove and make a ball, and let rest in a floured bowl for 1 hour.
- Flatten the ball to remove gas, reform a ball, and keep in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, gently incorporate your seeds if using (unless you just want to just top the buns with the seeds) let the dough rest 1 hour on your floured counter, cut the dough in 8, make 8 balls, put them on a tray with parchment paper previously oiled with a brush, be sure keep the seam of the balled dough underneath. Let proof in a warm area for 1.5 hours. It should double in size.
- Heat your oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- If you have not incorporated your seeds directly into your buns, you can top them with the seeds instead. This is optional. Brush the burgers buns with cold water, and sprinkle a pinch or two of the seeds of your choice on top.
- Cook the buns for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let rest and use as you like.