Omelette au Jambon (Ham Omelet)
We kicked up the classic French omelet recipe with a bit of ham, potato and mushroom. A delicious addition to your brunch menu.
- 3 or 4 (the fresher the better) Eggs
- 1 slice Ham
- 1 Boiled Potato
- 2 Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Dice the boiled potato, reserve.
- Slice the mushroom and cook them in a nonstick pan with oil, when cooked, add the dices of potato, warm it up on medium heat, add the ham, and the tomato sauce, & a pinch of salt and pepper, sauté for 1 minute. Reserve in your pan.
- Dice the ham and add it to the potato & mushroom mixture.
- Break the eggs and beat the eggs with a fork. Add salt and pepper to the eggs.
- Add the diced ham & potato mixture to your beaten eggs.
- Reheat the pan. When the pan is hot, add the beaten eggs and mix well with a wooden spoon or a plastic spatula, always on medium heat, push the egg mixture from the border towards the center of your pan and then let it cook on one side.
- Roll your omelet to form a half-moon shape add the butter in the pan, flip over completely and let cook 2 to 3 minutes. Let rest in the pan 2 minutes, then flip over in a plate.